Job Vacancy - Company Secretary
Updated: Mar 18
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an exciting not for profit Smart Precinct NQ as a Company Secretary. This role reports to the Managing Director and will work closely with the executive team and the board. The role will support the board and key sub-committee’s on all aspects of co-ordination, governance, reporting, compliance, minutes, key document & contract management.
Overseeing all company secretarial responsibilities for the company, including:
· Coordination of all Board and Committee meetings; including issuing of calendar invitations, preparing agendas, liaising with directors and the business and compiling and distributing papers
· Drafting of Board and Audit & Risk Committee papers in relation to governance and policy matters
· Ensuring the efficient conduct of board and committee meetings, including drafting Board and Audit & Risk Committee minutes and circulating resolutions in a timely manner
· Preparation of the Corporate Governance Statement and Directors’ Report for the Annual Report
· Management of all lodgements with ASIC in a timely manner
· Maintaining a register of directors’ interests and a register of advisers to assist directors and management with identification of conflicts of interest
· Providing assistance with the implementation of policies and procedures, including providing training
Successful applicants will be shortlisted based upon their responses of the below key requirements.
· Degree qualified (Legal preferred but may not be practising) and a member of the Governance Institute of Australia or Australian Institute of Company Directors.
· Experience in supporting a board in a company secretary/governance function
· Proven experience working with a board
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
· Possess the ability to manage conflicting deadlines
· Experience with Diligent or similar board paper platform is advantageous
This role offers a broad scope of company secretarial responsibilities with the opportunity for development and to take on increasing responsibilities.
This is initially for approximately 1 day per week with scope to be flexible according to need.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com and must contain the following:
- A current resume
- A cover letter
- 1-2 page statement addressing the above key requirements - Copies of relevant qualifications and licences