Business Operations Manager
Smart Precinct NQ is looking for a talented future-focused individual to join and support the thriving innovation and start-up ecosystem of Townsville as a Business Operations Manager.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with the Smart Precinct team to deliver projects and events that support innovation and the start-up community.
This is a growth opportunity that could provide significant career pathways for the right individual with the right mix of savvy and resilience.
Reporting to the Smart Precinct NQ Managing Director, this is a multi-purpose role to provide support the Head of Operations and Managing Director by project managing key strategic initiatives as well as supporting general operations. You will manage 1 staff member and provide them guidance and mentorship.
· Project and event management support
· Grant and tender response writing
· Stakeholder engagement and communication
· Financial reporting
· Administration and operational support
· Other Ad hoc duties as directed
· Minimum five years’ experience
· Strong digital literacy
To successfully fit with the team and organisational culture you need to have the following personal attributes.
· High resilience and ability to deal with ambiguity
· A can-do attitude and growth mindset with a willingness to learn and grow
· Confidence and an ability to interact with a variety of different professional levels and backgrounds
· Self-awareness and an openness to change and feedback
· Strong personal organisation skills and attention to detail
· An interest in or previous experience in Entrepreneurship, Start-Up or Design Thinking
· Event and project management experience
· Grant writing experience
· Stakeholder engagement and management
· Diploma or Bachelor Business or comparable.
· Some understanding of Xero would be great.
About Smart Precinct NQ
Smart Precinct NQ is a unique environment. It is a small team with big connections, ideas, and projects. It is an agile and fast past business that requires each member of the team to do whatever it takes to hit our goals. Every day is different and could involve preparing for an event, showing a minister around or supporting with office housekeeping.
Every day you will be working with talented people that can support your growth in unique and exciting ways that you may not see as possible right now.
Please send your resume, cover letter and a summary that addresses the following four Candidate Questions to email@example.com
1. What are you most passionate about?
2. What is one economic or business problem in North Queensland that you see needs solving and what do you think would address it?
3. What do you know about entrepreneurship and start-up challenges?
4. How have you in your life dealt with ambiguity and shown resilience and a can-do approach?