Founders Advisory Boards
CODE OF CONDUCT
This Code of Ethics Statement is intended to provide clarity for the Founders Advisory Board (FAB) members over expectations, the spirit of relationships and a guideline to problem solving during member involvement in Founders Advisory Boards with Smart Precinct NQ (SPNQ).
The Advisory Committee Code of Conduct applies to members of Smart Precinct NQ and Advisory Boards which includes working groups, reference groups and executive members.
Having a minimum set of standards for the behaviour and activities of Advisory Committees is designed to ensure integrity, accountability and transparency. It also provides the community and Advisory Committees members with confidence in the operation of the committees.
Advisory Committees are advisory and do not have any decision-making authority.
Code of Ethics Guidelines
Your role in supporting and contributing to the Founders Advisory Board requires careful consideration in upholding their reputation as well as our own. In advisory roles, the decision is not yours to make so influencing skills enable you to treat others with respect.
From the way you work in the board room, to discussions with FAB members, Smart Precinct team members, special guests, other advisors and your networks, your personal ethics are always a consideration.
It is the intent of doing the right thing.
No guideline can address every issue or situation. It is not a substitute for good judgement, good communication and proper business conduct. The strength of the advisory board is the strength of the collective knowledge and sharing of relevant experience.
In all our operations and relationships, we will conduct our affairs in an honest, fair and principled manner, adhering to a high standard of professional conduct at all times.
Working with the Founders Advisory Board involves:
• Avoiding conflict of interest with other members and organisations you are associated with
• Honouring the organisation’s right to choose the advice that meets their needs
• Managing relationships respectfully
• Being proactive in managing positive communication
• Adhering to the Code of Ethics principles
The expectations of the Founders Advisory Board members are:
Make an effort to understand the businesses of other members and the issues they face;•
Be frank and honest with your opinions in a respectful manner;
Be constructive when giving feedback;
Listen to the views of others and be prepared to change views in the face of evidence;
Read relevant documents and prepare well for meetings;
Be guided by the best interests of your business and the businesses of the members;
Support other members by listening and encouraging them;
Create connections or facilitate introductions with key contacts;
Be respectful to the organisation, fellow members, SPNQ team and other guests.
No missing more than 3 meetings a year.
Information shared in these sessions is 100% CONFIDENTIAL.
it is expected that board members will:
• Act ethically, with honesty and integrity, in the best interests of the FAB at all times.
• Not make improper use of their position as board members to gain advantage for themselves or for any other person.
• Exercise due care, diligence, and skill.
• Take individual responsibility to contribute actively to all aspects of the board’s role according to the board member duty statement.
• Make decisions fairly, impartially, and promptly, considering all available information, legislation, policies and procedures.
• Make reasonable enquiries to remain properly informed.
• Attend a minimum of 80% of board meetings.
• Treat colleagues with respect, courtesy, honesty, and fairness, and have proper regard for their interests, rights, safety and welfare.
• Not harass, bully or discriminate against colleagues, members of the public and/or employees.
• Contribute to a harmonious, safe, and productive board environment/culture through professional workplace relationships.
Use of Information
All FAB members must:
• Protect confidential information.
• Only access confidential information when it is required for work purposes.
• Not use confidential information for any unofficial or non-work purposes.
• Only release confidential information if authorised to do so.
• Only release information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Respect the confidentiality and privacy of all information as it pertains to individuals.
• Ensure information gained as a member is only applied to proper purposes.
All members must ensure that public comments (either verbal or written) made in a private capacity are not attributed as official comment of Smart Precinct NQ unless provided authorisation to so.
Advisory board members are encouraged to share and promote SPNQ content on social media to raise brand awareness. Advisory board members are permitted to promote and advertise their board appointment.
Conflicts of interest
it is expected that advisory board members will:
• Disclose any personal or business interests which may give rise to actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
• Respect the approach that the Board determines is necessary to managing conflicts of interest.
• Where potential, perceived or actual conflicts of interest do arise, ensure they are managed in accordance with the conflict management rules of the Board.